Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Working Out

Last night I politely asked Chris if he wouldn't mind if I went out and did some shopping for an hour or so.  He said yes....reluctantly.  :)  Haha no, he was happy to.  He understands that sometimes a girl just needs to get out for a bit and I really appreciate it.  In my head I had great plans of buying some new pants from Old Navy.  I see Old Navy commercials and I get excited to go buy something cute and cheap but then their pants never...I repeat NEVER fit me right.  Old Navy has cute stuff but their pants are just not made for me and I have come to finally accept that.


After my unfortunate Old Navy trip, I went over to Target because it was right next door and I had a few more minutes.  I love the mirrors in the dressing rooms at Target.  They give you a good look at all angles. With all of those great angles though, I saw stuff I didn't really want to see.  Oh you know what I mean.


I've been wanting to start up a workout routine for the past...oh say 6 months or so?  And it just hasn't happened.  Now if I had been working out consistently and eating nice and healthy and saw my body like that, I'd think differently.  I'd think "Hey, I've had 2 kids, I work out, I eat good, and I'm good with this."  But that just isn't the case.  My workout routine is nonexistent and I like my sweets.  Just for the record I do eat pretty healthy too.  But...I could probably cut back on the sweets a little....maybe.


I've always enjoyed working out.  It's good for you and makes you feel better about yourself.  In high school, volleyball was my workout.  In college, volleyball was still my workout and it was great.  It was fun working out as a team and always having a set time to do it made it easy.  When I first got married, I had a gym membership and that was nice but it didn't last long because I decided I didn't want to pay for it.  I wasn't going often enough to get my moneys worth.  Chris and I would go run the stairs at the beach which was a super tough workout.  I always felt like I was going to throw up afterwards.  Yuck.  And I'd do the regular stuff like lift weights, squats, push-ups and crunches.   Once I was pregnant with my first child, I was good at continuing to working out.  I'd do the stair workout (walk, not run) and it was great.  Once I had kids the working out still happened but much more sparingly.  (I'd go on walks and run every now and then.)  About 6 months ago, or something like that, I was consistently working out in the living room to some awesome Netflix videos while the kids napped.  But then Mason stopped napping and the working out stopped.  And now here I am.


So thanks to the Target mirrors, I came home and Chris and I started somewhat of a workout routine last night once the kids were down.  YOGA!  There are free videos on Netflix and it was surprisingly a good workout!  The more we do it and the more familiar we get with the exercises I'm sure it will just get better.  I wish I had a picture of us yoga rookies going at it because I'm sure it would look hilarious, but unfortunately I don't.  I'll try to snap one of Chris next time.  Watching each other shaking trying to hold the poses was funny and not to mention the fact that Chris would fart now and then.  Boys.  We're going to do it Tuesday and Thursday nights because Chris plays basketball on Wednesday nights.  


Now I just need to figure out something I can do to workout on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.  I'm trying to figure out something that I enjoy, finding a convenient time to do it, and cheap/free.  At least I'm finally starting somewhere!  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment