Monday, April 9, 2012

Blogging Thoughts + Mason's Birthday + Easter

Sometimes I'm super in the mood to blog and it's easy.  And then sometimes I have too much I want to blog about and it overwhelms me so I just don't.  And then when I'm ready to do it, I realize how much I missed and then I get annoyed with myself for not blogging when I should have.  So...I'm not going to worry so much about getting every picture of an activity on here (because we'll always have the pictures to look back on) and just try to write about our life.  I know I'll love looking back on these times so I need to just do it.

Mason's birthday was a month ago and I've been wanting to write about it but once again I've been putting it off because there are so many pictures I wanted to put up so instead, I'll just write about that happy day.  

We started off his 4th birthday with Mason going to his Joy School.  Chris took the day off for us to spend as a family but we decided Mason would still go to school because he loves it and it's only a couple hours right in the morning.  So after school we headed to the....ZOO!  We were so excited to tell Mason about it and he was super excited.  We got passes for the year which is really cool because it'll be fun to go every now and then and not stress about seeing the entire park-we can take our time at each animal and just spend a few hours there if we want.  Mason loved all of the animals of course, but BY FAR his favorite part was the reptile house.  He couldn't get enough and would probably be happy staying there and looking at the snakes the ENTIRE time.  It was super fun.  After the zoo, we stopped at Chilis for dinner where he opened his gifts from us.  His favorite gift at dinner time was a two-headed dragon.  I had seen that thing in a store and knew I had to get it for Mason.  After Chilis, we went back home where we had more party fun.  Both Grandparents, two of my siblings with their kids, both of Chris' siblings and their kids all came to celebrate Mason's birthday.  We had yummy cake and more presents and just hung out and let the kids play the night away.  After everyone left, we cleaned up and then put Mason's new hot wheel race track together.  He absolutely would not go to bed before trying that new baby out.  It was a great day.  Can't believe my little man is 4.  Happy 4th birthday Mason!!  WE LOVE YOU!!! 





Today is Easter!  We've had a really fun weekend.  I feel like it started early on Thursday because Chris and I went out on a date....yes, a real date!  (Doesn't happen often.)  First, we went to dinner at Carls Jr.  As we pulled into the lot, I said to Chris, "This is weird that we're going to Carls Jr. for our date."  I mean, who goes out to fast food for a date??  Well, we do.  Come on now...young family with student loans, and trying to save up to buy our next home....we don't have a lot of extra money to spend on nice dinners.  So I put my pride aside and got really excited to eat the delicious teriyaki burger that we went there for.  This burger is AMAZING and probably better than any fancy restaurant burgers anyway.  Pineapple, mozzarella cheese, special teriyaki sauce....oh I would love to have one right now just thinking about it!  I didn't mean for this to turn into a Carls Jr. commercial, so anyway.... After dinner, we headed off to the movie theater to watch Hunger Games.  Great movie.  We both read the book and were super excited to see the movie and it did not disappoint!  

Friday evening we decorated Easter eggs.  Grandma and Grandpa Tanner stopped by during our decorating and that was fun.  Mason really loved decorating the eggs.  It was so cute.  He really took it very seriously and loved it.  Saturday morning we went to a friends house for an Easter party with a yummy breakfast, kids got to decorate Easter bags, and then go on an Easter egg hunt.  After the party, the kids and I went to the beach (because the weather was beyond perfect) while Chris and a friend stayed at our home and primed our newly scraped ceilings.  (A project we've been needing to get done.)  The beach was so fun.  My family was there so the kids looooved having cousins to play with.  After the beach, we got Chris and went to Ramona to have an Easter dinner with his family.  The kids got another egg hunt and we had a delicious dinner.  Mason and Annie were very happily surprised with Easter baskets from Grandma and Grandpa Carr.

This morning, Mason was sooooooo happy that it's finally Easter!  He's been waiting for this day for weeks and weeks.  The kids enjoyed an Easter basket/egg hunt.  I was so excited to put Annie in her Easter dress.  I've said this a million times before, and I'll say it again....I love having a little girl and getting to put her in pretty things like Easter dresses!!  While she ate breakfast, I tried french braids in her hair for the first time.  Her hair is very fine and she moves A LOT so it was tough, but they turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself.  :)  So we went to church and stayed just two hours because everyone was going over to Kim's house for Easter.  We had some super yummy food for dinner and yet another awesome Easter egg hunt, watched cousins swing on a giant swing out in the trees, and just hung out and relaxed with family.

It was a great weekend and it all went by way too fast.  Happy Easter!





    

2 comments:

  1. Um, we totally go out for fast food for a date. The fanciest we get is Panera or Chipotle, unless it is like Valentine's or an anniversary. Isn't that just such a good sign about your marriage that you have fun no matter where you are??? :) Looks like you guys have had a fun week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Jamie-good point! Who needs a nice restaurant to have a good time? ;)

      Delete