Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Our Halloween Mantel

Halloween time is here!  It's getting more fun on the holidays to decorate because Mason gets excited about it, so then I get excited about it.  He asks every day if it's Halloween yet and I have to keep telling him it's still a month away.  I finally decorated our mantel and we love it.


I kept it pretty simple.  Our pictures stayed up so I didn't have lots of space to fill, so I just needed a few things to give it that Halloweenie spirit.  Notice the real spiderwebs in the upper left corner?  Gross.  But they add to the effect.  :-)



  

Thanks to my handy dandy cricut, I made this "BOO" banner.



This is by far Mason's favorite part.  We already had this toy spider and it was the perfect finishing touch.  Mason can't stop talking about how "spooky" it is.  So awesome.  Honestly, it totally creeps me out.  I hate spiders...with a passion.  I look at this thing and shudder.  But it's perfect for Halloween!



This is my favorite part.  I broke off some branches from a tree outside and painted them black.  I bought the candy corns and vases at the dollar store and I already had the paint and ribbon.  I got the idea of putting candy corns on a tree from a friend on facebook.  





I got these little guys from the dollar store too.  When I bought them they were an ugly green with yellowish spots all over them.  That wasn't going to cut it so I painted them orange, drew faces on them, and put a cute bow around them.  Now we love them.  :-)  Happy Halloween!



4 comments: