Dear Mason,
You are 3 1/2 years old and you are the sweetest little boy. You have the best laugh. I love to hear it and so many, many, MANY times each day I tickle you just to hear you laugh. You are very ticklish. You are the best storyteller. You always start your stories with "Once upon a time...". Usually they are about dragons or sharks or dinosaurs or spiders. You have lots of favorite TV shows. Right now your favorite is probably "My Big Big Friend" on Netflix. One of your favorite things is when we do a movie night and we turn off all of the lights (you always ask to have every light off!) and pop popcorn and watch a movie on the couch. You also love going to the movies with your dad. That is always a very special treat for you. You always come home and tell me about the HUGE TV that you got to see. :) You are such a good singer. The songs you sing the most lately are "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star", "Baa Baa Black Sheep", and "I Have a Dear Old Daddy". You love to play outside and run as fast as you can. You're a great little runner. You really love when we go out to the garage and get your bikes out so that you can ride them around. You're starting to get the hang of your two-wheeler with training wheels. You love bouncing and throwing balls around. You've always loved going to the park. The swings were your favorite as a baby and they still are your favorite. It's the first thing you say you want to do when we get to the park. And then you make me push you as high as I can. The higher the better! You're getting good at climbing things at the park. You're in a preschool class with 4 other friends that we named "Jump For Joy". You love it! You have such a love for learning new things! I read a quote the other day that the average toddler asks about 400 questions a day or something like that. I don't know if that's true or not but I should count how many you ask in a day because it is a lot and I bet it's even more than 400! You love asking questions. You want to know how everything works and where everything came from and why things happen. It's awesome. You are so smart and we are amazed at how good your memory is! You are such a great big brother. You love your little sister, Annie so much. Even though she is 2 1/2 years younger than you, you guys love to play together. You love to help her when she needs help and you love to hold her hand when we go on walks. You have a favorite T-shirt. It's bright orange and it has a big blue Triceratops and a big monster truck on it. 2 of your all time favorite things ever! Grandma Tanner gave it to you and you want to wear it every day. You can't of course, because after 1 day it's dirty, but you still ask. :) Dinosaurs are definitely your favorite things. You know every type of dinosaur by name. Your favorite is the T-Rex. You have tons of dinosaurs and even a box just for them because we have so many. You LOVE getting new toys and you love treats (things like candy or ice cream) and you love going to the beach. Sometimes at night as a family activity we'll go over to Rite Aid and get Thriftys ice cream in a cone and you LOVE this! Rainbow Sherbet is definitely your favorite. Every morning you ask me what we're doing that day. You love having a plan for the day. Mondays are our day where we don't have anything scheduled so we usually go to Walmart or Target or Barnes and Noble or the Pet store or the park. Tuesdays and Thursdays you go to preschool. Wednesdays we go to the library for story time. And Fridays we go to the library for the puppet show. You love all of these activities and you're excited every day for each one. After our morning activities we come home and eat lunch and then you and Annie take a nap. You usually nap longer than Annie. You definitely sleep more than her in general. After naps we usually hang out at home and play with toys and read books and watch TV. Then we eat dinner and then dad comes home from work, which you love. You always ask him, "Dad, what's the plan?" I guess you expect some sort of outing or something fun to do at night when he comes home. :) Lately you've gotten more into fancy cars. Your favorite is the Bugatti and your dad is so proud. You know that it has over 2000 horse power and it goes over 200 MPH. :) We have lots of inside jokes. Things only our family would get. Things like "Wo is meeeee, Pongo!" and "Chick-a chick-ahh!" and "I'm gonna die!" and you and grandma's funny face. :) You are such a sweet little boy and you have lots of friends. You love to play with your cousins and friends. You still let me give you big kisses and hugs and you still like when I hold you when you're really sleepy. Who am I kidding-you still like to be held a lot! But because I usually need to hold Annie, you have become a good little walker. :) But I still love holding you and I tell you every day that you're my little sweetheart because you are. Your dad and I are so proud of you. We feel so blessed to have you as our son. Mason, we love you so so much! xoxoxo
Love, Mom








No comments:
Post a Comment