I decided to do Joy School this year. My sister is doing it with her daughter, London and asked if I wanted to join. At first I said no because I didn't want to commit myself to teaching every few weeks. But then I thought about it more and really felt like this would be a really good thing for Mason. It's only two days a week for 2 hours each day and I only have to teach every 5 weeks because there are 5 of us moms doing it. We aren't doing the actual "Joy School". One of our moms found a different book at the library that's for preschoolers and has lots of fun activities and things to do so it's very laid back and we are all doing this for FREE...which is very nice. Our whole idea is to get these cute kids together to develop a love of learning. We learn a new letter each week, a new word, and have fun learning about life through fun activities with their friends. I chose to go the first week to ease Mason into the idea because we have never done anything like this before. Our first week went great. Today was the first day at a different moms house and apparently he didn't need much easing into it because it turns out he LOVED IT! He actually cried when I told him we had to leave. He can't wait to go back on Thursday and I'm so happy. I have to admit, it was a tad bittersweet dropping him off. I loved that he was excited to go play and learn with his friends and then part of me immediately missed the little guy! Ok, ok, it was actually pretty cool getting to go on errands with just me and Annie though. :-) Natalie (today's mom) said that she can tell Mason absolutely loves the whole concept of school-learning, playing, everything. Looks like it's going to be a great year of learning lots of new, fun things!
Mason about to leave today for Joy School and boy was he excited!

No comments:
Post a Comment