Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Random Thoughts

So after about a week of Mason being sick, he is finally well and we couldn't be more thankful and happy about that.  For a while there, I wondered if life would ever go back to normal.  He still doesn't have his normal appetite and he's still waking up at night, but no fever now for 2 days and each day gets better.  We even went to the park today for our ward Park Pals, which was fun.  Our friend, Calli brought a bug catcher and all of the kids were in heaven.  What could be better than being at the park catching bugs??  :-)


The bugs were let go and the kids swarmed around them.

Mason found a snail and it kept him occupied for quite a while.  :)

I hear the weather will be getting warm this week and I'm excited for it.  With all of us being sick a lot lately, I am SO ready for warm weather and to be done with cold, sickness weather.  I love that the days are longer and it's light later.  I'm excited for going swimming in my parents pool and for more days at the beach.  
I don't know if this is something a lot of girls do or not, but I buy a new bathing suit every year.  I never seem to find one that fits absolutely perfect, so by the time the next year comes around I'm always ready for a new one.  This year, I bought it online at JCrew.  I usually do the tankini thing but I went for a one piece this time.

    I'm lovin' the color and style.

So, we've started letting Annie cry it out at night when she wakes up expecting to be fed.  Some nights are better than others but overall she's doing really good.  She's eating lots of finger foods these days and she's clapping her hands now, which is totally cute, and she gets into everything.  I don't feel like I ever had to watch Mason as closely as I'm needing to watch Annie.  He wasn't even mobile till 9 1/2 months old and Annie was scooching around everywhere at 5 months.  She can climb stairs and can hold on on to pretty much anything now to stand herself up.  
I love having 2 kids.  As tough as it is sometimes (and believe me, nights like we had last night are ridiculously tough), it's so fun watching Mason and Annie play together.  They love each other and are great friends and it makes me so happy to watch them interact.




So basically, we're happy to be getting well around here, going on outings again, and we're ready for some warm weather.  ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Letting your baby cry it out feels terrible, but it is so good for them (and you!) when they learn to sleep on their own. One of my friends recommended turning a fan on high in your room. We did that when we let Charlie cry it out for his 2am feeding--the white noise helped a ton; we could hardly hear anything. Also, the swimsuit image isn't working and I am dying of curiosity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, crying it out is hard. But I know it has to be done. She's super mad when I don't get up and feed her, but luckily she's not crying too long. We've done the fan thing too. :) Hmmm...weird the suit is showing up. I will try to fix it...

    ReplyDelete