Sunday, March 27, 2011

Fever

Well, we are on day 6 now of Mason being sick.  It's been hard.  He has a fever that ranges from 99.0-103.5 all of the time unless he's on Motrin or Tylenol.  He wakes up multiple times at night crying, burning hot and sweaty, barely any appetite at all during the day, just wants to lie on the couch, very clingy and sensitive, etc.  We went to the doc on Friday and he got some blood tests done which all came back normal so we know there isn't an infection and it's just a stinkin' virus that we have to wait out.  There have been many, many prayers for our little man.  

It's hard not to worry.  I worry about him getting enough sleep.  I worry about the fact that he has not eaten a meal in 6 days.  I worry about the fever getting too high.  I worry there's something going on in his body that the doctor missed.  

My parents came over last night and my dad and Chris gave him a blessing, which was really nice.  Today, even though his temp was 101.2, I think he might be getting better.  He ate a popsicle and a mini corn dog which was great and the Motrin actually completely took away his fever which is a first.  

Today, Chris decided that getting him out of the house might be a good thing.  So he took Mason on a hike in the jogging stroller up a mountain.  They had a good time being out in the fresh air and throwing rocks.  Thank goodness for medicine which gives him a break of feeling so sick.  Here are two pictures that Chris took at the top of the mountain today...



So we'll keep praying and we have faith that our little Mason will get better soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment