I, like a lot of girls, LOVE to do crafts and make stuff. I am always thinking about what I can do for a new project. It is fun and relaxing. I've been in the mood lately to do something with my cricut (that my amazing mom bought for me 2 years ago-thanks mama!) so I got my cartridges out and tried to figure something out. Once I had an idea I went looking through a bag of junk....well, it's not exactly junk at all-I paid for all of it and it's a bunch of stuff I've bought over the years (mostly from Michaels) that have all landed in an over sized birthday bag because each of my "art drawers" are packed to the top with even more stuff. Anyway, I was looking through the bag of craft stuff and found some thin canvases that I bought a while ago. With my cricut and my canvas, I made a cute decorative frame/picture holder for Annie to put on the dresser in the kids room....
TA DA!
TA DA!
~I painted the canvas with "Calypso Sky" shiny acrylic paint.
~Then I cut out the shapes on tan vinyl with the cricut and stuck them on the painted canvas.
~I sprayed the canvas with a gloss finishing spray.
~Then I used a hot glue gun to glue the little embellishments in the middle of some of the shapes.
~I glued hot pink ribbon onto the canvas so that I can paper clip photos to it.
~Finally I glued a giant gerber daisy flower on to add some more color. (It was a flower that I originally made for Annie for her first photo shoot at JCPenney when she was about 2 months old-I am so green.)
And now for the finished product {with photos} on the dresser....
It's sitting on a shiny silver easel that I bought at Aaron Brothers a while ago. (Another item in my crowded birthday bag) :-) I feel like this was totally free because everything here was found in my house but I guess I can't say that since I did pay for it all at some point. So I'll just say it sure was cheap...and fun to make. ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment