Sunday, May 27, 2012

Sickness....A Sad Moment and a Funny Moment





Annie's been sick the last few days.  SO not fun.  In fact, besides having a newborn and losing so much sleep, having a sick child is probably the hardest part of parenting for me.  It's just Annie and I at home because Chris and Mason are off on a camping trip for the weekend.  I had a completely helpless moment last night.  Annie had a fever of 102.3 or somewhere around there and I could tell she just felt AWFUL.  At one point she just couldn't even sit down she was so uncomfortable.  She started wandering around the room just balling her eyes out and she'd come up to me to get a little hug and then continue her wandering and crying.  It was just...so...sad.  There was absolutely nothing I could do to help her and it felt terrible.  I started crying because the whole situation was so awful.  I snapped right out of it though and grabbed Annie and a popsicle for her and headed up to give her a bath because we needed an immediate change of scenery.  And it worked.  Whew.

On a lighter note, she said something yesterday that totally cracked me up.  The things that toddlers say are so funny.  So we're sitting on the couch watching TV.  She's totally sick and when she is sick, like probably every other person in the world, she is not a happy camper.  I'm sitting there just kind of watching her and she looks at me totally grumpy and serious, waves her hand at me, and says "Stop.  Face.  Stop."  That was her little toddler language way of saying "Mom, stop staring at me!"  And I just couldn't help but laugh, which I don't think she appreciated.  It was sooooo stinkin' funny.


No comments:

Post a Comment