Today was our last day of swim lessons. We've been doing it every day (M-F) for 2 weeks. They were taught by a swim teacher in our ward and Mason did them with another little girl in our ward (Lucy). Annie and Lucy's little brother, Levi, also did baby swim lessons. So cute. Well, Mason was not that into the lessons. I even had to bribe him a couple times to get him into the water. (With things like going in the jacuzzi afterwards.) The thing is though, he really does love going in pools. He was excited every day about getting to go swimming, but once we got to the pool, I think he'd remember the fact that he'd have to get his head/hair/eyes wet and he'd get nervous. I know he'll be a little fish once he gets more comfortable in the water and I'm looking forward now to being able to go swimming at pools and letting him do whatever he wants in them. He loved the parts where he got to sing songs and do little splashes, and kicking and rescuing little toy animals out in the water, etc. Lucy is a great swimmer already so I think it was good having Mason watch her. It's been a little crazy getting the kids ready for lessons every morning, but it's also been a lot of fun. June gloom offered only maybe 2 days of sun. Bummer. Overall, I think it was a good experience and we learned lots of good little skills for the kiddos.
Photo shoot right before lessons. ;-)
I love these kids.
Little goofballs!
Being good listeners for Miss Angela.
Back floats. Not his favorite.
Dunking. Not his favorite either. However...he was soooo proud of himself when he actually dunked. He only did it three times the whole 2 weeks. Glad I got a picture of one!
He's a great kicker.
Annie and Levi chewing on some delicious pool toys. Didn't get any pictures of these cuties swimming because obviously I was in the water with them the whole time. Oh well, whatcha gonna do. Annie loved the water, especially when we sang songs. She'd start shaking her head with excitement. :)
Yay for swim lessons!!









Adorable! I love the way little kids look when they're ready for the pool :) I really need to get Adelaide into swimming lessons soon.
ReplyDelete