Mason is getting bigger and older and smarter and I've really been feeling lately that he's ready for some sort of organized, weekly class or activity. (Besides our regular weekly activities like Park Pals, story/craft time at the library, and the puppet show at the library). Every day he asks what we're going to do that day and once I tell him, whether it's the park or Target or the library, or some errand, he always asks the same next question. "Who's going to be there with us?" In other words, he loves going and doing things and he loves going places and doing things with other people. So putting all of these things together, I decided gymnastics could be perfect for him. And then there's also the fact that he is ridiculously flexible! :-) It's a fun atmosphere, lots of new little friends to make, lots of jumping and running to get that energy out, teachers to listen to and help him learn new skills, etc. Well, he LOVES it and I love that he loves it. I did a "Mommy and Me" class with him for the first two weeks to get him comfortable with everything and my mom was nice and watched Annie. Because he was SO into it, I talked to the teachers about moving him up to a class that doesn't require a parent to participate and they said he's ready. I still stay right there and watch him the whole time, and I loved doing the class with him, but since I have Annie, I have to watch her obviously so I can't do the class with him. Luckily there's a nice parent section to watch the kids and a big toy box so Annie stays pretty occupied. Price was a concern for me when I first started thinking about this, but thankfully it's affordable. It's $50 a month for an hour class once a week. And it's less than 10 minutes away. Totally worth it for the fun he has and the things he's learning.
Here's my little man warming up by doing stretches with his class. He's the cute little red haired boy right in the middle. ;-)

No comments:
Post a Comment