Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter

I've been quite the blogging slacker lately.  I started a blog to use as a family picture journal because it's fun getting on the computer looking at pictures we've taken and writing things that we've been up to.  I haven't been very good at writing in my journal so this seemed like a good thing to do.  Well, just as I seem to stop my journal writing, I stopped my blog writing.  I just updated myself on friends blogs that I look at and it got me back in the blogging mood.  So thanks friends!  

We had a really fun Easter.  Now that Annie is sleeping in Mason's room (because of a dang leak, which I'll get to another day, that happened in the bathroom where Annie sleeps-yes, that is what I said....where Annie sleeps), we were up at around 7:00.  Being up at that time gave us enough time to get everything done we wanted to on Easter morning before our 11:00 church.  Easter baskets were found, breakfast was eaten, everyone got a bath/shower, dressed in our Sunday best (and I must say, I was really excited to put Annie in an Easter dress/big hair bow.  Girls are so fun to dress!  It was fun dressing Mason up all fancy too!), got everything together for church, and even decorated Easter eggs, because we didn't get to that the day before like we should have.

Easter morning in the bunk.

 Found his Easter basket!  Very original hiding spot by the Easter bunny, I might add.  ;)


 Peeps!


 Cadbury Egg.  Mmmmm...


 Annie happened to be wearing matching frog jammies to match the frog hat that Mason got.  I like Chris' cute sleepy eyes and hair.  :)

 Now that everyone was bathed, time to start the egg decorating!  Ok, so maybe we did things in an odd order.  :)




  

Then we had to do a quick photo shoot with the kiddos in their cute 
Easter clothes right before church.  :)






After church, Mason took a little nap and then we went to Kim's house along with the rest of our family + some friends and had an Easter feast.  After the feast, the kids had an egg hunt and Mason got quite the basket of eggs/candy and really enjoyed devouring it.  





We stayed and hung out till bedtime, came home, put the kiddos in bed and plopped ourselves on the couch to enjoy our latest obsession...Lost, season 1.  A very happy Easter.  :)      

No comments:

Post a Comment