Tuesday, January 24, 2017

A New Year: January 2017

Wow, it's been a while. Time to get this thing going again. Being consistent with journal writing goes in phases with me so I'm thinking I could be better using the blog. 

Well, I am 39 weeks pregnant in 2 days! Almost there! I had my prenatal appointment yesterday and I am dilated to a FIVE and 70-80% effaced!! I was dilated to a 4 with either Annie or Paige for a couple weeks but I've never just been home living life normally at a 5. It's January 24th...8 days until February 1st, which is when I'm trying to make it to. I think it would be fun for my family to then have consecutive monthly birthdays in February, March, April, May, June, July. Haha! But I'm not sure I'll make it 8 more days! 

Let's see...Chris is still at Chase Bank. He's been doing great at work and was announced as one of the top employees recently and finally got a raise. Boo-yah!! He broke his foot over 3 months ago hitting a rock while dirt bike riding and still isn't better. He's ready to get active again playing basketball and paddle boarding but he can't because it foot still hurts. :( That hasn't stopped him from going on two dirt bike rides recently though.

Mason is in third grade now and doing great. His teacher says he's one of the best students. Third grade is definitely the toughest so far. He's having to memorize lots multiplication facts and he's learning a new math concept it seems every week. He gets stressed but he's doing really well. He's still taking piano lessons from my mom and doing really well. It's hard learning new songs and he's learning to play with both hands at the same time and gets pretty frustrated during practice but he's hanging in there. He has been taking swim lessons for the past few months and really loving it. He seems to be a natural at swimming. Sometimes the other kids are faster but when you compare technique, Mason has the techniques DOWN. It's so cool to watch. He has never shown much interest in sports (except basketball which he plays at recess at school), so it's fun to see him learning to love a sport. His favorite stroke is the breaststroke. His best friends at school are Zachary and Luke. 

Annie is in first grade and doing great! She was Student of the Month last week and we're so proud of her! Her teacher says she is very kind, helps others, and works really hard. She's getting good at reading and tries very hard. She doesn't complain when it's time to do homework, even if she doesn't want to. She is also very helpful at home. When I ask the kids to clean up, Annie is always the first to start. She asks me lots of questions about life and thinks a lot about her future. Lately she asked me about my college experience and wanted to tell me all of the things she wants to do when she grows up. She wants to be a mom but also thinks about being a school teacher, gymnastics teacher, ballet teacher, and a veterinarian. Annie goes to a ballet class every Wednesday evening. She says because of ballet, she now loves to stretch and feels so good when she does. :) Her teachers are awesome and Annie is doing great. She's also taking piano lessons from my mom and doing really well. She had her first piano recital last month and did awesome! She is very into fashion. She takes her time thinking of her outfit every day and her favorite gifts she got for Christmas were all the clothes. ;) She is also very social and loooves being with her friends. Her best friends are Liv and Evelyn.

Paige is 3 and home with me every day. She is my little snugly buddy and I love her companionship. She still sucks her thumb and grabs my ear when we snuggle next to each other. I love it and want her to stay 3 forever! She's our most adventurous child, usually up for pretty much anything. She LOVES camping trips with Chris. I take her to the local library puppet show every Friday where she gets to see a few friends from church. She also loves being a Sunbeam at church. She'll start preschool in the Fall. 

Life is good. Busy and good. I'm really excited to have this baby boy! (Who we still don't have a name for!) As excited as I am about him, I'm also very excited to be done being pregnant forever! Chris and I are ready to move on to the next stages in life. Which will make us enjoy this last baby even more, knowing he's our last.  

No comments:

Post a Comment