What have we been up to....
We are expecting our third child in 2 months! Another sweet little girl. We cannot WAIT! We have a name picked out but we like to keep it a secret until the birth. ;) The pregnancy is going well. I'm 32 weeks along and feel pretty ready to have this baby already. I'm glad I have 2 months though because when it comes to actually being really "READY" for a baby, I'm not there yet. I don't have all the baby girl clothes out or anything like that. I'm just ready to be done being pregnant. Haha. Let's just say the constant heartburn, pressure, very painful leg cramps in the middle of the night, not being able to sleep at night, etc. takes its toll and knowing I have 2 more months does stress me out...just a little. But we are so excited to have another baby!
Some random car info.... Since we're having a third child, we decided to upgrade our family vehicle from our 4Runner, which we loved, to a 2005 Sequoia. We love it. The 4Runner was a great car, but fitting 3 car seats or even 2 car seats and a booster was just too tight. It would have been almost impossible to buckle Mason in a booster. We drove an hour and a half to get this car that we found online because it was such a great deal. We saved money on taxes by buying it on the last day in 2012 because taxes went up on January 1st. It's so nice having a car with so much room!
We sold our condo back in October. We felt like it was a good time to do it and it all turned out really well for us. We bought it over 3 1/2 years ago as a foreclosure. It needed A LOT of work. In fact, the first time we walked through it I said, "There is no way we are living here." But we were able to see the potential in the condo and we loved the location. There's a saying when it comes to buying a home... "location, location, location". It's true. We put a lot of work and upgrades into the condo and it all paid off. So now we are currently renting the condo from the people who bought it from us. It's kind of weird living here and it not being "ours" anymore. I feel like it is still ours. But then I remember that it's not...which is weird. We're lucky to be in such a convenient situation. Rather than moving out and having to rent somewhere temporarily while we look for a home, we've been able to stay right here. We have an offer in on a house. A 3 bedroom twin home in Carlsbad, not far from where we live now. It's a short sale so it takes time. Lots of time. It's been 3 months and we're hoping to hear something in the next few weeks. HOPEFULLY before we have a baby in 2 months! But I'm kind of preparing myself that it's probably not going to happen before we have the baby.
Now...about our little Mason. Mason turns 5 in March, which means that he will be starting Kindergarten in the Fall! Crazy. He is in preschool right now and absolutely loves it. It's been a great experience for him. Yes, I shed a few tears the first day I dropped him off at preschool. And that was just preschool. I can't imagine how I'm going to feel the day I drop him off at kindergarten. Mason is the sweetest little boy in the world and the best big brother. He is our calm, mellow child who loves to make his mom and dad proud. He keeps his little sister in line. He is a great listener and loves to learn new things. His interests right now are dinosaurs of course. He loves them and has for the past couple years! He knows them all. He has some special books about dinosaurs and loves to read about them. He has even said that when he grows up he wants to be a paleontologist. :) That was a couple months ago. He also loves his first lego set that he got for Christmas. I'd say Mason's biggest interest lately though is drawing and coloring. This is a new interest that has happened since right before his surgery. Mason had the flu so we were at home for a week straight and then we didn't go anywhere for a while obviously after the surgery and so we bought a lot of coloring books. He has colored a little in the past of course, but was never very excited with it or anything. He now has a real interest in it. He draws the CUTEST people. I am not kidding. They are the cutest little people drawings I have ever seen in my life! He has become such a great colorer. When I look at how he colored last Fall to how he colors now, the difference is amazing. He colors right in the lines and loves to do it and gets so proud of himself for coloring in the lines. I have always had a love for coloring and drawing so it makes me really happy that Mason has that same love. :) He is getting better at writing his letters. This has been a struggle for him. But the more we work on it, the better he's getting. Mason and I have started doing reading lessons while Annie naps. He is doing great. The writing part is the hardest for him, but he gets through every lesson every time and he is always so proud of himself when he learns to write a new letter on his own. He gets to put a sticker on his special sticker chart and a special chewy sour candy after each lesson which makes it extra exciting for him. I have slacked on our reading lessons since Christmas. We were doing it every day. Today we finally did it and he picked up right where we left off. It's so cute listening to him sound out words. We signed Mason up for pee wee soccer. It was supposed to start last Saturday but it was raining so it was cancelled. So this Saturday will be his first day. We went over to the park this evening when Chris got home to kick the ball around. He loved it. He's nervous about being on an actual soccer team but we think that once he tries it, he's going to love it.
And then there's our sweetheart, Annie. Annie is 2 1/2 and will be three in July. She wishes she was four so that she could go to Mason's preschool. She mentions it practically every time we drop Mason off and pick him up. It's pretty funny. She is our more outgoing child, always up for anything, anytime, anywhere. She's good at just going with the flow. It's a little hard for her watching Mason go to school three days a week. She wants to go with him so bad. It's nice though having one on one time with her. That's our time to get errands done or go to the park, just the two of us. Sometimes I schedule playdates with a friend or her cousin while Mason's at school. And sometimes we just come home and play together with her toys. She really loves that one on one time with me, and so do I. :) She sure loves her brother. She follows him around everywhere and they play really well together. Sure, sharing is her struggle in life right now but she's learning. It's cute-they've started playing with their little toys together making them talk and kind of playing "house". I love it. Her main interests right now are her little baby that she got for Christmas and also playing with Mason. She pushes her baby around in her stroller or shopping cart and pretends to go to Costco to get some food. She puts on her backpack that is literally so full with random stuff that not one more toy could possibly be squeezed inside. She is such a little girl. What I mean by that is that she does not...stop...talking. It makes Chris and I laugh. She'll just talk and talk. Even if she's in the other room where no one else is, she'll still be talking assuming we are all listening. It's so cute.
They have very different personalities and yet they get along so well with each other. They are both little cuddlers which I just love. I can't wait to add another one to our family. It'll be fun to see what this next little one will look like and what her sweet personality will be like. Shy like Mason or chatty like Annie?
Chris is still working at JP Morgan Chase Bank. He is very good at his job. They are making changes at his branch in the next few months and we're hoping things work out for him and they put him where he is hoping to be. Along with doing well in his career, he is such a great dad and husband. Since I've been pregnant, he has really stepped it up with helping with the home life. When I'm exhausted at the end of the day, he's up for playing with the kiddos and gets them up in the mornings and feeds them breakfast which is huge for me! I can't lift heavy things right now so Chris has become our laundry man. Laundry is down the stairs, outside and around the corner. He even puts clothes away sometimes and as weird as this sounds, I actually find it really cute to see where he puts my clothes away. Haha. I love him...a lot. Oh have I mentioned how READY we are to have our VERY OWN washing machine and dryer INSIDE our home?? We cannot WAIT for that! That, and also having an attached two car garage. Something so many people have that we are just dying...I mean, waiting patiently for. ;) And one of the biggest things also we can't wait for is an actual YARD just to ourselves! Oh my goodness, those three things might actually come true here soon. Right now it's just a dream of ours. You know what though? Although it kind of pains me to say this, I'm actually grateful that we've lived in a two bedroom condo without a washer and dryer, and without an attached two car garage, and without a yard. Because when we do finally move and get those amazing things, we are going to be so much more grateful to have them. We'll know what it's like to live without them and it'll be that much sweeter. :)
So, here's to a good new year! 2013, bring it on!
No comments:
Post a Comment