Wednesday, May 23, 2012

My Birthday

I can't believe I'm 29.  My last year of being in my twenties.  I'm going to be 30 next year?!  I don't feel almost 30.  I still feel like a teenager.....well, a married teen with kids.....so maybe not a teenager.  But I do feel young still.  :)  My birthday was on a Tuesday a couple weeks ago.  Chris had Monday and Tuesday off which made it a four day weekend.  Oh yeah!  Monday we headed down to San Diego where we did a Priceline for a 4 star hotel and the Sheraton took the bite!  The hotel was super nice and we had so much fun.  Mason LOVES going on vacation so this was a blast for him.  Annie gets excited when Mason is, so it was a win win.  :)  The kids made themselves right at home in our hotel room. 




That night we went to the Yummy Buffet and let me tell you...they're not joking.  This place was YUMMY!  It's a Chinese food buffet...my favorite food.  Mason especially loved the crab legs and shrimp.  He was adventurous and tried his first sushi (which he liked) and his first squid (which he didn't like so much).  Annie loved the honey chicken and her ice cream cone.  It was seriously so good.





We went on an evening bike ride after dinner.  We have a trailer that the kids ride in and Chris tows them behind his bike.  They loved it.  Then we headed into our room for the night.  Mason was confused why we wanted the TV on once we put them to bed so we ended up just all going to bed at 9:30!  I didn't actually fall asleep until after 10:00 though.  Hotels are awesome with their super thick window curtains so that the room is still super dark even when it's morning and bright outside.  So we ended up sleeping in until close to 9:00!  Talk about a good nights sleep!  Because it was my birthday, the hotel gave us breakfast vouchers.  I wasn't sure what to expect for breakfast.  The voucher turned out to be good for the breakfast buffet and it was a GOOD one!  We're talking scrambled eggs, crepes, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, whipped cream, sausages, bacon, country potatoes, big delicious blueberry muffins (Annie's and my favorite), sweet rolls, toast, cereal...everything.  Normally a $20 per person buffet, we got for free!  Thank you Sheraton! 




     

So after our delicious breakfast, we went on a nice long bike ride from our hotel to the Midway aircraft carrier.  After that workout we went for a dip in the hotel pool/jacuzzi.



We saw these fun bikes on the way.


So then we packed up and headed home.  On the way, we stopped by to visit the temple.


We wanted to get home early enough in the day so that Annie could take a regular nap at home.  Chris and Mason hung out and watched movies while I was lucky enough to go shopping by myself!  And it was GREAT!  We got to snack on donuts that my mom left for us for my birthday.  :)  We got Souplantation Express for dinner....which I love.  It was such a great birthday/mini vacation!


1 comment:

  1. Be lated happy birthday! You enjoyed fully with you family.I also love souplantation and i am addicted to their muffins and i always save money on food by using souplantation Menu coupons

    ReplyDelete