We had a fantastic Christmas. It started Christmas Eve day when we went and hung out at Chris' parents house for the day. We got McDonald's breakfast in the morning (breakfast of champions!) and then headed up to Ramona. We had fun eating lots of yummy food, watching Chris, Mason and Hayden shoot each other with their new guns, and hanging out with the rest of the Carr's and some extended family as well!
That evening, we headed home for our traditional Christmas Eve progressive dinner with my family. Everyone started at our home, then we went to my parents and we finished at Kim's house. I love this tradition-it's fun going to every one's houses and eating lots of gooooood food! Part of the tradition is having a Christmas program at the last house where we sing and listen to Christmas music and read the Christmas story in the Bible. And then finish with delicious desserts of course.
All nine grand kids ready to start the Christmas program! (The light was really dim-not good for pics)
Seven of the grand kids singing Christmas carols. So cute.
Everyone in their new Christmas jammies that night. London's missing and poor little Annie got cut off...
Everyone in their new Christmas jammies that night. London's missing and poor little Annie got cut off...
Christmas morning we woke up and had our own little Christmas at home. It was SO fun to see how excited the kids were that Santa really came!
We ate another breakfast of champions (donuts and scrambled eggs) and then got ready for church.
After church, we came home, got in comfy clothes and then headed over to my parents house for the rest of the day. There was lots and lots of good food to snack on and it was fun to just relax and hang out with the fam!
I love Christmas time and I'm sad it's over! This December seriously went by faster than any December....ever. Christmas definitely snuck up on me this year. I felt like I was rushing to get gifts at the last minute, which I don't like. I plan on starting much earlier next year. That'll make the Christmas season stretch out a little longer then, right? ;-)
Merry Christmas!












No comments:
Post a Comment