I took Annie to her 1 year check-up this morning at the doctor's office. My mom was awesome and came with me, which was a huge help. Annie was in such a good mood this morning and I was feeling bad because she had no idea what was about to come. Shots. Four of them. 2 straight into the muscle (as the nurse explained to me). Well it was pretty much awful to watch her get them. I have never heard her scream a scream of pain like that before and it was ridiculously sad having her just stare at me screaming, probably wondering why on earth I was letting this happen to her.
Luckily babies get over things quickly and she did.
She's been acting totally normal since then and hopefully that won't change.
One thing I like about these well baby visits is learning what the kids percentiles are. I don't know why, it's just fun to hear where they're at. So Annie is in the 14th percentile for weight and the 74th percentile for height. I'm still nursing her and asked the doctor what I do now. (Mason weaned himself off of me at 7 1/2 months so I've never had to stop nursing on my own and skip the bottle stage.) The doc told me I can nurse however long I want to and if I'm ready to stop, simply stop and give her milk in her sippy cup. No bottles necessary. (Annie has never had a bottle.) So, we bought whole milk on the way home and I gave her her first cup of milk today after lunch. She was a little unsure, but I think she'll get the hang of it. She's used to only drinking water. Anyway....that's what's new with my little girl. Can't believe she's 1 already!

Your little Annie is precious! Every picture I have seen of her is absolutely adorable. :)
ReplyDelete