Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Sick Days Go Away

So lately my family has been sick a lot and it seems to be going around and around and around again.  Chris says people keep showing up sick at work with colds, bronchitis and who knows what else.  I don't know if that's where we keep getting our sicknesses, I mean, I know we can get it from anywhere.  Chris keeps getting colds and sore throats.  At the moment, I think he's actually well.  I've been lucky and avoiding it but now....I have a cold.  I hate them....with a passion.   Mason was sick a couple weeks ago with a fever and stomach flu.  Last week Annie had her first fever and threw up.  She is well now, but just this afternoon, Mason randomly got a fever.  What the heck.  I mean....WHAT THE HECK.  So here I lay with Mason on the couch while we watch "Despicable Me".  His nap upstairs wasn't going well so here we are together.  I can tell he's feeling better, thank goodness.  Annie is napping which is making it much easier to take care of Mason.  When you have a sick child, it gets extra hard to be a momma.  Sometimes I can't figure out how to take care of my sick toddler while I have a little 7 month old demanding my attention as well.  But we always seem to make it work somehow.

  My sick little man manages to give me a nice smile.  He does not do this when he is feeling really sick so I'm happy to report he must be feeling better.  :-)       

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry Erin! We had like a month of one (or all) of us being sick and it was the worst. So sad for the kiddos, too. But at least Mason is old enough to enjoy movies while he's laying down. Gracie watched a lot of princess movies and drank lots of juice and was happy as a clam. Hope you guys get better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jamie!! And P.S. yes, it is so nice that he's old enough to just hang out and relax on the couch. Sooooo nice! :)

    ReplyDelete