Well it's a new year and I thought I'd take a moment to share a little about where we're at in our life. Chris and I have been married for 6 1/2 years and we're so happy. I'm so lucky to have found this amazing man! Our two kids, Mason and Annie, bring us SO much happiness. We bought our first home a year and a half ago, a condo in Carlsbad, CA. My parents and sister live 5 minutes away, my brother and his family live 5 minutes away, and my other sister and her family live less than 10 minutes away. Chris's family is in Ramona so they're pretty close as well. We love that Mason and Annie have Grandma and Grandpa and cousins so close to play with! We love where we live. As far as we're concerned, southern California is the absolute perfect place to live and we hope to be able to live here forever.
Chris:
Chris just graduated with his MBA from California State University San Marcos in December. That was a HUGE deal for us! He's been in some type of school since we've been married and it's such a great accomplishment for him to be done. Not only did he graduate, but got awesome grades throughout the process. He works at JP Morgan Chase and is their business banker in San Marcos. Chris is such a great dad and takes Mason on adventures and outings whenever he can. They go see movies together like Shrek 3, Mega Minds and Tangled. They splurge and eat tubs of popcorn and lollipops at the theater and Mason loves every minute of it. Their latest adventure was camping with Uncle Eliot and their friend Ryan and their kids. They camped in the back of our car in below freezing weather and woke up to ice on the INSIDE of the car. I could not handle that but could Chris and Mason? Absolutely. Loved every minute of it. Our kiddos are lucky to have such a great dad! Oh and I LOVE having my hubby to hang out with in the evenings again. :)
Mason:
Mason is our 2 year old, and will be 3 in March. He is an absolute JOY in our life. He makes us laugh every day and loves to do it. I really believe one of Mason's callings in life is to bring happiness to people because that is what he does. He has the sweetest spirit and loves life. Loves going on adventures and exploring outside. Going to the park or the beach or going on a bike ride are a few of his favorite things to do. And this boy loves to TALK! He asks questions and talks all day long. It is so funny. His brain is a total sponge soaking life up. His memory amazes me and I know he is going to be one smart cookie because he already is. He reminds me about things all of the time and actually helps me remember things I forget. Mason LOVES his baby sister. He loves to cuddle with her, make her laugh and give her hugs and kisses. His favorite things right now are dinosaurs and that inspiration probably came from Grandpa Tanner who has a "dinosaur land" in his back yard. We sit at the computer often looking up dinosaur websites to learn their names and how big they are and whether they're carnivores, herbivores or omnivores. Mason has gotten good at remembering to pray and brush his teeth. A few more of his favorite things are (in no particular order)...balls, reading books, Grandmas and Grandpas, his bunk bed, jelly bellies, Nick Jr, running, sips of soda, dancing, sitting on daddy's or Grandpa's shoulders, jumping, cousins, coloring with markers, popcorn, Annie, special treats at Grandma's house, playing with his friends, lollipops, mommy and daddy, toy section at Target, Sea World, and goldfish. One of my absolute favorite things is when we're all sitting on the couch watching TV and Mason puts his little arms around me and Chris and says, "Mom? Are we family?", I say "Yep!" and then says, "We are friends forever!!" Oh how I love my little boy.
Annie:
And then there's this little girl. Annie, or "Annie Smiley Girl" as Grandpa Tanner calls her, loves to smile. No matter how rough the day has been, we can always count on a big smile from Annie. She is 5 1/2 months old. Some of her latest tricks are eating rice cereal, sucking on her toes, rolling, playing in her excersaucer, and trying to scooch around. Annie loves to laugh but no one can get her laughing like Mason. It really is the cutest thing. She LOVES her big brother. You can see it in her eyes. She's a people watcher. When we go out, she likes to be a part of the action and see what's going on at all times. I must say...I am really enjoying having a little girl. Dressing her is like dressing up a little doll and I love it! We love her so much and can't imagine our life without her.
Well....I told you I was a lucky girl, didn't I? I love being a mom. Are there tough times? Of course. Sometimes I think I might go crazy from lack of sleep, or get frustrated when I have to get on my hands and knees to pick up yet another big spill or mess. Sometimes I feel lucky to get a shower in. Sorry, maybe that was too much information. :) But I can honestly say I'd have it no other way. I feel lucky to be a stay at home mom and raise my kids. I love them and my husband more than I can say. I love being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints which lets me know that I will be with my family FOREVER. So here's to a new year full of adventures and good times!!








Such cute pictures Erin!
ReplyDeleteThanks Brittany!
ReplyDeleteHi Erin! Glad you started blogging. It's such great way to stay conneted with family whe we are all spread out. Beautiful family!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Becky!!
ReplyDelete